Sunday 7 October 2012

Good morning/Good afternoon/Good evening my friends, wherever you are! This is 12:30 pm., 7th October, Sunday here in India. Hope you all are very well. First, I want to apologize for my absence on Wednesday. As I said, I went on a trip for one week, but it was extended by 2days and so I missed my Wednesday blogging! I will try to compensate it with my experiences and pictures and I think you will enjoy it!

I went to visit Orissa, a state of India. It is a beautiful place to visit. It is also a holy place for Indians and has many temples that I will describe in ‘Destination India’. Today I want to say about the transportation of my trip. We went by train to Puri (a district of Orissa) first. We stayed there for 2 days and then went to Bhubaneswar (the Capital of Orissa) by bus. We traveled all the places in every district by Auto-rickshaw. It’s an amazing vehicle for traveling anywhere and it’s comfortable too. An auto rickshaw (tempo, tuk-tuk, trishaw, auto, rickshaw, autorick, rick, tricycle, mototaxi, baby taxi or lapa in popular parlance) is a three-wheeler vehicle for hire that has no doors and is generally characterized by a small cabin for the driver in the front and a seat for passengers in the rear. Generally it is painted in yellow, green or black color and has a black, yellow or green canopy on the top, but designs vary considerably from place to place. It is a motorized version of the traditional pulled rickshaw or cycle rickshaw. Auto rickshaws are an essential form of urban transport in many developing countries, and a form of novelty transport in many Eastern countries.



People travel in Auto-riksaw

Auto-riksaw














It was a really adventures journey and all the credits and thanks goes to my husband (Subhankar) for arranging such an awesome trip!

Well, that’s all for today. I’m going to start “Orissa” as ‘Destination India’ from today; hope you like it! Please share your opinions with me. Have a great day. Namaskar.

No comments:

Post a Comment